Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Ghosts
I try to sleep but am haunted by ghosts.
They are made of memories.  
Becoming so clear in my mind that when I eventually sleep they continue to occupy me. 
To take up the space where they may orchestrate. 
What it plays on the back of my eyelids.

Sometime ago I had a dream where I was tired from a severe lack of sleep.
As a result, I went through my working day, getting everything wrong.
My initial thought was that surely this prediction would be fulfilled. 
It made sense.

However, after gaining some perspective,
I concluded that my brain was simply warning me.
Warning me to take care, be aware of my stress and fatigue, and its impact.   
A tool to use in my competition with this ghost- failure.

Once I looked at it in a new light it no longer scared me.
In fact, I thanked it for its warning. 
It's warning of a genuine danger. 

For not all dreams, recollections, and ghosts are helpful. 
But this one was. That is why I stopped to acknowledge it. 
After all, it did me a favour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment