Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Hope of Heaven

I dream.

I dream that one day (however distant that may be),
that one day I will see that preverbial light, that is freedom.

When I walk into that light, I will take with me no more
dark and dismal disappointments, sorrows,
perpetual fatigue, and chains of captivity within my life.
For that light shall cleanse me of all that living life in a sinful world brings.

In that glorious light I shall join others
whose chains have begun to break and disintegrate.
Most importantly I will wander,
hand-in-hand, eye-to-eye, and voice-to-voice with my saviour and my God.
And this will be the epitome of fulfilment and freedom.
I wait, work, live, and belong to that day (as do many others),
the day when the tears will be wiped from all increasingly scarlet eyes.

For now I merely glimpse pieces of the puzzle of the immense joy yet to come.
In those fragments I can observe the faces of
my brothers and sisters in Christ and all that surrounds them,
including the many marvels of creation that captivate me daily
along with the many gifts and talents that he has granted unto us all.

We await with patience and hope the day when he will return.
On that day we will see some, (if not all), of those that we love and grieve for at present.
And in all of these things God provides us with the greatest gift that he could give;

HOPE.



No comments:

Post a Comment